Unit 2: Could you spell that for me? | Curso de Ingles para Call Center | Lesson 2: LISTENING SKILLS STRATEGIES

Curso de Ingles para Call Center | Lesson 2: LISTENING SKILLS STRATEGIES

In today's lesson, we are going to learn tips and strategies on how to improve our listening skills. Additionally that, we are going to learn how to be less direct in English with two simple strategies. 


Let's get started. 


Sometimes it's difficult to understand customers over the phone and we panic because we did not understand them and we don't know what to say, what to tell them or we can simply hear a word and clarify we ask something to the customer but we end up sounding too rude.


For example:

Customer calls in and wants to check the price of a computer.

CSR: SO YOU WANT TO KNOW THE PRICE?


Or


Customer calls in and wants to know what time the nearest store is open?

CSR: YOU WANT TO KNOW THE STORE SCHEDULE?


HOW TO SOUND LESS DIRECT


For this kind of scenarios we have two tips:

Tip number one to improve your Oral Communication with the customer:


I named this tip: 


DON'T TALK TO THE CUSTOMER IS A SIMPLE PRESENT… TALK TO HIM OR HER IN SIMPLE PAST!


For example:


Instead of saying:

You want the price?

You can say:

You wanted to know the price?


Instead of saying

YOU WANT TO KNOW THE STORE SCHEDULE?

You can say:

You wanted to know the store schedule?


Instead of saying:

What is your question?

You can say?

What was your question?


This tip combined with words like: "Could" and "Would" will make you the CSR MASTER when taking calls. 


For example

Instead of saying:

Can you tell me your name?

You can say:

COULD you tell me your name?


Instead of saying:

Can you tell me what is your name again?

You can say:

COULD you tell me what WAS your name again?


Let's practice:

- I just want to check the address. ________________.

- What do you want to know?____________________.

- What is your credit card number?________________.

- I want to ask if you have time to pick up the product tomorrow. _____________.


HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR LISTENING SKILLS 

Active listening STRATEGIES


Strategy number 1:

DON'T FOCUS ON EVERY SINGLE WORD. 

Strategy number 2:

Use fillers of: I'M HERE AND I'M PAYING ATTENTION TO YOU. 

- RIGHT

- OK

- I SEE

- YEAH

- GOT YOU


Strategy number 3:

USE THE ECHOING SYSTEM

Repeat what the customer said. 


Customer say: I need it for next Tuesday. 

CSR: Tuesday, you said?


Customer say: My address is 40 NESTING ACC STREET

CSR: Did you say 40 or 14?


Customer says: Sahara Mitchell.

CSR: Could you spell it your last name?

Customer: M-i-t-c-h-e-l-l

Customer says: I live in  700 Commons Way, Bridgewater Township, NJ 08807, United States, NJ




Let's practice

Listen to the following audio and do the following:
1. Open the call:


2. Verify the customer:

(If you cannot understand, use the listening skills)


a. Full name
b. Full address
c. Full email address


3. Restate what the problem is:


Call 1

Call 2



***************

Answer:

Call 1:

My name is Louis bloggs

I live in  700 Commons Way, Bridgewater Township, 0 8 8 0 7 New Jearsy. 

my email address is bloggs-thebigman87@gmail.com


Call 2:

Let me explain to you. the other day I thought, I needed a computer and I saw your ad, and  I  bought one! When I arrived home I turned it on and it worked, but now is not working.

My mouse is not working.

Did you hear that!? 

my mouse stopped working!

Can you help me?


My name is Carlos Witchita,

And my address is: 78 80 E  21 ST  BAY one  07002

My email address is: 

witchita_carlostheking@outlook.com


No comments:

Post a Comment