Are flexible? How to answer that question to a recruiter



HOW TO ANSWER JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS IN A CALL CENTER #7


Objective:

- Are you flexible? / Meaning / Importance / How to practice flexibility / How to demonstrate it in a call center.

- Quiz from yesterday's lesson 6: Call center schedule

- Pronunciation: Connected Speech

- Grammar to show preferences

- Listening activity about call center situation.



Means: 

being flexible is all about preparation and accepting that things will change.

Importance: 

Flexibility is an important tool in problem-solving adaptable to sudden changes means you can react to new conditions without slowing down or becoming stressed. This will help you to have a positive mindset.

How to practice being flexible:


- Stay up to date with the latest trends in your industry.

- Practice optimism: focus on the solution instead of the problem.




How to demonstrate it:

- covering a shift
- training new agents
- taking new tasks.
- offer solutions instead of problems.
- take a moment to collect your thoughts and present ideas for overcoming obstacles.




How to answer Are you flexible?

Answer + Meaning + Importance + Experience + Punch line.

ANSWER:

Based on my experience...
From what I can see...
From my understanding...


I consider myself a flexible person

MEANING:

for me being flexible is the ability to adapt to changes

IMPORTANCE:

This is important because...
Help you to deal with stress and find solutions




EXPERIENCE:

with experience: In my previous job I had to adapt to changes very easily.
with no experience: When I was in my 5th year of university I remember...




PUNCH LINE:

That's why I consider myself a flexible person.




*******

I. Quiz from the previous lesson


Choose which word or phrase best fits each blank.

Day time / graveyard
A. The shift can be difficult at the beginning.
B. A shift typically falls between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.

2 full-time / part-time
A. Anita was able to work while she was in school.
B. Oscar worked to support his family.


******

II. Connected speech

Think of all
- I think of all the things I need to go through for a job interview in a call center
- I think of all the chances I was given to pass the versant test.
- I think of all the money I can make if I work in a call center.




a lot of (Formal) vs lots of (Informal)
- It takes a lot of time and effort to pass a job interview.
- She has a lot of patience with customers.
- The customer has a lot of questions about this product.

Lots of
- We had lots of fun at lunchtime yesterday.
- Lots of representatives have complained about the new schedule.
- The operation manager will give us lots of presents for the Christmas season.

Though
Conversation:
Person A: Working in a call center is awful.
Person B: I didn't ask your opinion though.

Person A: I can't believe that Cynthia cheated on you.
Person B: I still love her though.


- Though sometimes seems to be difficult, I like to work in a call center.
- I didn't pass my first job interview. I'm going to apply again though.
- Customer service is very demanding, though you get paid in dollars.


though (aunque)




******

III. Preferences Grammar

I would rather (BASE VERB) + Complement.
I would rather work in a call center than not have a job.
I would rather work from home than work from the site.
I would rather work in a call center than have a sugar mama.


I would prefer to (infinitive) + complement
I would prefer to buy an iPhone than a Samsung.
I would prefer to work from home than to work from the site.
I would prefer to work in a call center than to stay at home and not have a job.




*****




IV. Listen to a conversation between two representatives.

Mark the following statements as true (T) or false (F).

1 _ The woman is unhappy with the changes at the call center.
2 _ The woman recently worked many overtime hours.
3 _ The woman enjoys working graveyard shifts.




IV. Listen again and complete the conversation.

Representative 1: What do you think of 1. _____ _____ _____ to the schedules?
Representative 2: I was worried at first, but it actually hasn't been so bad.
Representative 1: Really? I thought they were making you work a lot of 2. _____ _____.

Representative 2: They are. And it's been great.
Representative 1: Personally, I'd much rather just do my hours 3. _____ _____ _____.

Representative 2: it's really nice to have that 4. _____ _____ coming in, though.
Representative 1: I guess that's true. At least they didn't 5. _____ _____ _____ the graveyard shift.

Representative 2: Yeah, I really prefer the 6. _____ _____.


V. Speaking Practice Session.




This lesson is brought to you by


TRAINER NESTOR ARTOLA
Telefono: +505 77703348
Sites: https://nestingacc.blogspot.com/ 
Email: nestingacc@gmail.com
NESTING | AGENTS FOR CALL CENTERS


No comments:

Post a Comment